Inspired for the film Minamata, which unveils the reality of a city polluted by mercury and the consequences in people’s health, this ring has been crafted using the mercury-free gold coming from the concession of the first mercury-free trained miner at the Amazon Rainforest in Peru.
Using textile wrapping techniques from ancient Peru, the Minamata ring was made as for actor Johnny Depp to wear it.
This ring has been inspired by the lliclla and the masculine ways of wrapping this textile around their body.
It required around 35 hours of work to be sourced, designed and crafted together between designer Andrea Jose and local goldsmiths.
- This ring can be ‘crafted as a bespoke piece’ using other gold colours and stones that the client would love to ‘wrap’ and preserve in a heirloom jewellery piece.
- Engraving: It is possible to add a tiny engraving inside. If more detailed engraving is needed, it will be crafted as a bespoke design.
- If client requires a particular finish, they can reach us and we do our best to achieve it.
- Size: if you require any other particular size, please send a comment within your order and we will take that into consideration. Prices may vary.
Choose Gold Colour / Size (US Ring Size) / Stone Variations
Each piece is a unique hand crafted design.
Allow 4-12 weeks for the pieces to be shipped. Once your order is confirmed, we will take you through the journey of creation of your modern heirloom.
Global shipping costs is USD 250 for orders superior to USD 1,000. For pieces below USD 1,000 global shipping costs is USD 150. Customs fees and taxes are assumed by each client.
- As soon as your product is shipped, you will receive a tracking number to know where your order is at all times.